Health Office Substitute
Health Office Substitute
Student contact days only; position would be district-wide (Howard Lake, Waverly and Winsted) and varying hours depending on need.
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Licensed School Nurse, the health assistant substitute will provide various health services to students, deciding appropriate responses and making referrals as necessary to multi-disciplinary team members, referring any significant issues to LSN immediately. Other duties include: performing delegated medication administration and treatments, maintaining health records including Electronic Medical Records, and assisting with health screening/immunizations or other programs as needed.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or previous medical background preferred
- Completion of Basic First Aid and CPR with current certification.
- Typing skills and computer experience necessary
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about prevention/transmission of communicable diseases.
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with students, parents, staff, and community through positive communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to receive and follow instructions, recognize limitations, and to accept and utilize supervision and direction.
- Ability to organize activities and complete clerical duties accurately, while responding to student and staff needs.
Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted Public Schools, Independent School District 2687, serves the communities of Winsted, Waverly, and Howard Lake. We are dedicated to providing a high quality education for our youth. With that commitment, we strive for excellence and opportunity for each student in every offering and activity of the school district.
Serving nearly 1200 students, K-12, in two elementary schools (K-4), a middle school (5-8), and a high school (9-12), we offer educational opportunities using a healthy balance between one-to-one technology, hands-on skills, enrichment, and remediation.
We pride ourselves on valuing strong academic achievement, small class sizes, a wide-variety of programs and activities, new and updated facilities, and supportive communities. Our staff, all the way from the principals, teachers, and paraprofessionals, to our custodians, secretaries, and cooks, make teaching and caring for children, our number one priority.
Our mission is to…
- Ensure a safe and respectful learning environment
- Empower all members of our school community
- Demand high quality instruction in every classroom
- Provide high quality programs at all levels
- Hold high expectations for all stakeholders
- Build positive relationships
- Foster Creativity
- Promote critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Respect all individuals
- Utilize resources efficiently and effectively