Special Education Teacher - Generalist (.5 at Thimmig Elementary, .5 at Northeast Elementary)
Northeast Elementary School and Thimmig Elementary School, 27J Schools, are currently seeking a Special Education Teacher - Generalist, to provide direct instructional inclusion and assessment services to students with various types of disabilities. This position is 1.0 FTE, being shared by both schools.
- A valid Colorado Department of Education Teaching License.
- Colorado Department of Education “In Field” by CDE endorsement or qualifications to teach the posted subject area.
- The ability to handle many complex tasks simultaneously.
- The ability and interest to be part of a high-functioning team. (Having respected and trusted colleagues, preferably as teammates, makes the demands of teaching sustainable.)
- The ability and interest to learn continuously and to adapt to changing circumstances (student characteristics, curriculum, and so on).
- A belief in empowering all children as owners of their learning.
Notice of NonDiscrimination: NOTICE LINK
Title IX District Compliance Officer: Jaime White 303-655-2900
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, 27J Schools does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment.
Application Procedure: Apply to www.workat27j.com.
External applicants please upload a resume, current teaching license and transcripts.
27J Current Contracted Teachers: mark that you are a 27J employee on the application and provide a maximum of 2 years previous work experience. Substitutes are considered External applicants.
All future correspondence will be handled via the email address you provided in your online application. Check your In-Box and SPAM folder.
All 27J postings close at 4:00 p.m. Mountain Time.