Teacher - Middle School General Ed. Teacher (Grades 6-8)
Qualifications: Must possess a valid Public Educators License. In-depth knowledge of Illinois State Reading and Writing Standards. *Candidates must register their Professional Educators License with Region 07 South Cook ISC4.
Reports to: Building Principals
Job Summary: Middle School English General Education Behavior teacher provides a rigorous learning environment for their students, helping them develop as individuals, as well as focusing on college and career readiness. More than anything else, middle school educators must develop their student’s unique talents and foster in them a passion for learning and growing.
Terms of Employment: Salary based on Chicago Heights School District 170 and American Federation of Teachers, AFT Local 604, Chicago Heights Council contractual agreement.
Responsibilities: This information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
- Develop rigorous teaching and learning materials for use in class, common formative and summative assessments, homework (practice), projects, and assignments that make use of all student skills and assess their learning.
- Work with students assigned to a positive alternative to school suspension (PASS) while managing student engagement and classroom behavior on a daily basis.
- Organize and maintain a system of accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities—achievement and attendance
- Maintain relationships with parents and legal guardians by effectively communicating with all stakeholders in order to keep them informed of their child’s progress.
- Through the Professional Learning Communities (PLCs), work collaboratively with other educators, support staff, instructional coaches, and administrators, to provide individualized support for each student and to share best practices while providing meaningful feedback on a daily basis.
- Encourages the development of reading, writing, and flexible thinking skills through the use of a blended learning model and growth mindset.
- Develop a MTSS Behavior Program in the general education classrooms.