Job | Posted 2 months ago
JOB TITLE: Classroom Monitor (COVID-19 Pandemic Specific)
REPORTS TO: Elementary Administrative Assistant, School Principal & Asst. Principal
- This is a part time position starting at the hourly wage of: $13.00
- This position is to support University Schools Health & Safety Protocols due to COVID-19 during this pandemic.
This position provides assistance and supervision for students during school when a teacher is required to teach remotely for a length of time. Ensure a positive and safe learning environment within the classroom under unique circumstances. This is an “as needed” or “on-call” position and the assignment may be at any level (Elementary, Middle or High School) for a varying length of time.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, Knowledge and Abilities during Phase 1 Supervision
- Monitor students in the classrooms while the regular teacher is teaching remotely.
- Work with the remote teacher to provide the assistance and supervision students need.
- Monitor the students’ use of materials and supplies.
- Ensure all health and safety protocols are being followed within the classroom.
- Monitor restroom use.
- Circulate throughout the classroom during the day.
- Report disciplinary concerns to the Classroom Teacher or appropriate Administrator.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Attend work regularly and be punctual adhering to the attendance policy.
- Dress appropriately for working with children.
Education and Related Work Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) preferred
- No experience required
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old
- Attend provided training on current Health & Safety Protocols.
- Ability to appropriately communicate with students, teachers, parents andmembers of the community.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work in an environment with constant interruptions.
- Criminal background check required for hire
The physical demands & working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be physically able to work outside, if needed, throughout the school year
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch
- Occasionally climb stairs and use a broom or shovel to remove snow
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus and peripheral vision
- The Playground Monitors could be exposed to weather conditions including heat, cold, rain, snow and other outdoor weather conditions.
- Will be required to use PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) i.e. Mask and/or gloves.
- Appropriate shoes are needed for the playground environment and gravel in the play area examples: closed toe, tennis shoes or boots.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate, but occasionally high depending upon student population and activities.