Paraprofessional/Personal Care Assistant (PCA) - Mellon Middle School (Contract Vacancy)
The Mt. Lebanon School District is seeking an individual for a paraprofessional/personal care assistant position at Mellon Middle School, effective for the 2020-2021 school year. This is a contract vacancy. Please see the attached job description for further information regarding this position.
Personal care assistants work 7 hours/day 185 days per year (weekends and summers off), earning either $13.31 or $13.56 per hour.
These positions are eligible for fringe benefits after successful completion of a 90 day probationary period:
- Health insurance plan:
- Affordable cost
- Most in-network provider services are covered at 100%, no deductible
- Low co-pays for most prescription drugs
- Dental and vision insurance plans at no cost to you
- $40,000 in life insurance at no cost to you
- Enrollment in PSERS pension programs
- Paid time off (sick and personal days)
1) Have completed at least two (2) years of postsecondary study, or
2) Possess an associates degree or higher, or
3) Meet a rigorous standard of quality as demonstrated through State or local assessment.
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
In order to be eligible for employment in the Mt. Lebanon School District, the following clearances, trainings, and forms are required upon hire:
Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151)
Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check (Act 34)
FBI Federal Criminal History Record (Act 114)
Child/Student Abuse Recognition and Reporting (Act 126)
Arrest or Conviction Form PDE 6004 (Act 24)
School Personnel Health Record & TB Test
Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Information (Act 168)