Special Education Teacher - Cognitively Impaired Classroom
NOTICE OF OPENING: Special Education Teacher- Cognitively Impaired Classroom
LOCATION: Fitzgerald High School
WORK YEAR: 2020-2021 School Year
SALARY: Per FEA Contract
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with Endorsements in SM - Learning Disabilities is Required
- Additional Endorsement in one the following preferred: BA or BX - English EX – Math
- Ability to manage time, self-directed.
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Patience to work with diverse populations and language barriers.
- Experience with data driven decision making.
- Familiar with the common core standards.
- Responsible for collaboration & course planning, skill assessment, & instruction.
- Must be able to implement the common core essential elements.
- Participate in professional development and implement best practices.
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate effectively and efficiently with others.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Administers and Develops subject specific assessments for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans.
- Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academics through a defined course of study.
- Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Accommodates the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Participates in co-teaching situations with a special education teacher assigned.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by administration.