PART TIME GENERAL MUSIC TEACHER - 2020/2021 CONTRACT YEAR ONLY
**ALL EMPLOYEES WHO BEGIN WORKING FOR THE DISTRICT WILL BE REQUIRED TO RESIDE IN LARAMIE COUNTY AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT**
**THIS POSITION IS HALF-TIME**
2020/2021 CONTRACT YEAR ONLY
Part-Time: 185 Day Contract
Monday - Friday
Salary: $48,420.00 minimum - $80,928 maximum + Benefits (Pro-rated for half-time)
Laramie County School District #1
Elementary and Secondary General Music Teacher
The job of Elementary and Secondary General Music Teacher is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional process by serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for developing students' music appreciation and skills; developing lesson plans and delivering group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from students' parents or guardians regarding music program and student progress.
This job reports to the Principal.
- Administers music assessments and tests for the purpose of assessing the level of students' competencies.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform when singing and performing music orally for the purpose of providing an effective program that addresses individual student requirements.
- Instructs students (e.g. demonstrate, illustrate, explain, define, direct, guide, compare, motivate, facilitate, differentiate, etc.) for the purpose of improving their music appreciation and oral musical skills .
- Maintains current research findings relative to learning and especially current practices in music education for the purpose of applying the appropriate principals and becoming a more effective teacher.
- Maintains musical equipment and supplies in top notch condition for the purpose of ensuring availability of required materials.
- Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, field trips, concerts, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, training and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Plans concerts and recitals for the purpose of displaying student performances.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
- Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to education code and school policies.
- Responds to inquires from a variety of sources (e.g. other teachers, parents, administrators, etc.) for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information and/or direction.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: applying assessment instruments; operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: appropriate codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; age appropriate activities; lesson plan requirements; stages of child development; and behavioral management strategies.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: establishing and maintaining constructive relationships; adapting to changing work priorities; maintaining confidentiality; exhibiting tact and patience; and working flexible hours.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; utilization of resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing, frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 45% walking, and 45% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.
Experience Job related experience is required.
Education Bachelors degree in job-related area.
Equivalency Required Testing
Certificates: Appropriate Wyoming State Department of Education Certificate, endorsement and highly qualified status
Clearances: Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
HIRING MANAGER: Sean Ambrose/Mary Beth Emmons
Title: Music Coordinator/Principal Davis Elementary School
HR Staff: Susan Johnson