Assistant Swim Age Group Coach (2020-2021 pool)
Building on a Dragon tradition of excellence, the Carroll Independent School District will foster a safe, caring, and creative learning environment that inspires students to realize their full potential as they positively impact the world around them.
This position will assist the USAS Head Coach in establishing a quality aquatics program to meet the needs of all ages and abilities under the guidelines established by USA Swimming and the American Swimming Coaches Association.
- Previous experience working with children in an instructional and/or athletic setting
- USA Swimming Coach Certification
- Enthusiasm for swimming activities
- Willingness to obtain ASCA Level 2 within one year of employment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Mentally and physically fit
- Eighteen years of age or older
- Emphasize the development of sound technical fundamentals in the four competitive strokes and implement the training process in order for swimmers to develop their full potential.
- Uphold and adhere to safety rules.
- Maintain an accurate and current roster with the Secretary for Facilities and Head Age Group Coach.
- Enthusiastically promote the activities of the swim club.
- Communicate with swimmers, parents, and other USAS staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Keep abreast of innovative practices.
- Be adaptable and flexible in acceptance of changes in techniques and procedures.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Participate in mandatory continuing education/in-service as required by State law.
- Perform safety checks of the facility and equipment as directed.
- Maintain a professional level of confidentiality regarding all district matters.
- Support the goals and objectives of the district and follow district policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*See attached job description for more information*