Special Education Teaching Assistant I
$13.26 per hour - commensurate with experience
2020-2021 School Year
10 month position - 6.0 hours per day
Major medical, hospitalization, dental, income protection, and term life
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Additional training in child psychology, classroom management, special education needs, or other related areas of study is desired.
- Must possess an Associate’s degree or 60 semester hours of coursework documented on an official transcript from an accredited institution of higher education; or pass a formal state assessment such as Master Teacher’s Para Educator Learning Network.
- General clerical experience desired.
- First aid and CPR training required
- Demonstrated general proficiency in computer programs including Microsoft Excel and Word.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Skills in human relations.
- Knowledge and understanding of students with special needs.
- Ability to maintain discipline standards.
- Willingness to attend conferences, in-service workshops, and classes to upgrade and update skills
- General clerical skills, primarily typing, filing, and data entry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students, parents and community members.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
- Ability to handle confrontation and conflict without an emotional response.
- Must possess time management skills.
Assists the teacher in the implementation of classroom academics, classroom management, and vocational needs. Assists in student growth and helps students achieve the highest level of education possible. Emphasis is on the para-professional aspects of the job, performed under close to moderate supervision.
PC# 129 100 603