SE Teacher (Specialized Program - Bridges Program; Balance of Year Only)
Posted 2 months ago
FLAGSTAFF UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
Position Title: Special Education Teacher - Specialized Program (Bridges Program)
Department/Section: Exceptional Student Services
Supervisor: Site Administrator, in collaboration with Director of Exceptional Student Services
Balance of Year Only; 1.0 FTE; benefit eligible. Position begins as soon as possible.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Instruction of students identified with the disability categories of primarily autism, OHI, and/or MID, with secondary categories of SLD, TBI and/or ED. Students take a portion of classes in the resource or general education setting, in addition to one or more courses within the Bridges classroom. Students have access to the Bridges classroom throughout the day for behavioral and academic support with high school content. Requires training and/or experience working with students in crisis.
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this class.
- Assess skills, write goals, implement appropriate teaching strategies and evaluate progress on individual student’s IEPs.
- Plan lessons and activities that will address the goals identified for students as well as at least one core content area to students on the Bridges caseload based on high school standards. Implement these lessons/activities to support the student’s individual IEPs.
- Complete functional behavior assessments, create and implement behavior support plans, and/or develop safety plans with the IEP team.
- Ensure the implementation of a class schedule, individual student schedules, paraprofessional schedules, and ensure a home/school communication procedure.
- Communicate and collaborate with general education teachers who also work with students in the program.
- Work with and direct any paraprofessional who is assigned to work in your classroom and with any student(s) assigned to your classroom.
- Complete paperwork necessary to maintain special education paperwork, including progress notes and Medicaid documentation for any Medicaid services that are identified on the student’s IEP.
- Follow specific school procedures as identified by individual school principal.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Thank you for your interest in the Flagstaff Unified School District. Applicants, please include w/ your application, a current Arizona Department of Education Teacher certificate, current Arizona Department of Public Safety IVP fingerprint clearance card, unofficial transcripts & proof of passing qualified examination(s) (ex: AEPA, NES, PRAXIS, etc.). FUSD requires the SEI endorsement and will allow you the school year to complete the requirements to receive this endorsement. Official transcripts & employment verifications required at time of hire for proper salary placement. Candidate must meet & show proof of being appropriately certified, before new hire appointment & beginning job assignment. It can take several weeks to obtain an Arizona Department of Education Fingerprint Clearance Card as well as an Arizona Department of Education Teacher Certificate. We encourage you to begin the process as soon as possible. Arizona Department of Public Safety for IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card: AZDPS Fingerprint Clearance Card Info. Arizona Department of Education for Teacher Certificate: http://www.azed.gov/educator-certification/
Current Arizona Special Education Mild/Moderate (K-12) certification required. Secondary experience preferred.
Out of State: FUSD will consider out of state applicants. However, please attach a current teacher certificate for your state, as well as unofficial transcripts & test scores. Here is a link to the reciprocity process for the Arizona Department of Education: http://www.azed.gov/educator-certification/forms-and-information/reciprocity/
NOTE: The ideal candidate for this position will have, at time of application, a valid IVP fingerprint clearance card and an appropriate Arizona Department of Education teaching certificate (including all required approved areas or endorsements to ensure you are appropriately certified). However, if you choose to apply, but have not yet met the certification criteria as outlined above, your application may still be considered. All who apply will automatically be put into "qualified" status to allow the site administrator the ability to review your application immediately. Therefore, you will not receive any verification email from HR, advising your application has been pushed through. If you are selected for an interview, please be ready to share with the administrator, where you are in the process of attaining your valid Arizona Department of Education Certificate.
LETTER OF INTENT: If you are recommended for a position but have not met all requirements, you may be offered a “Letter of Intent to Recommend for a Contract” notification. The Letter of Intent remains in effect until all certification/licensing criteria are met. Please note that a Letter of Intent is not a binding offer of employment and no employment contract between you and the District exists until such time as the District Governing Board approves the issuance of an employment contract at a public meeting.
All employees are subject to a criminal background check. The Flagstaff Unified School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to race, color, religion, gender expression, sexual orientation, military status, age, national origin, or disability. Offers of employment, contingent upon funding.