Head Lifeguard (2020-2021 pool)
Building on a Dragon tradition of excellence, the Carroll Independent School District will foster a safe, caring, and creative learning environment that inspires students to realize their full potential as they positively impact the world around them.
This position will ensure safety for all swimmers and pool patrons and is responsible for directing the pool lifeguard staff.
- Current YMCA or Ellis Certificates; ARC Lifeguard Instructor Certification preferred
- Minimum age requirement of twenty-one years
- One year of life guarding experience required
- Strong swimmer
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High School Diploma
- Uphold and adhere to safety rules.
- Coordinate training and evaluation of lifeguard staff with the Aquatics Manager and/or designee.
- Prevent accidents through the enforcement of policies, regulations, and ordinances governing the conduct of persons using the swimming pool.
- Ensure that the lifeguards are in their proper areas at all times and change stations as scheduled.
- Report definite or potential physical hazards and unsafe conditions to the Aquatics Manager and/or designee.
- Manage patron complaints and report complaints to the Aquatics Manager.
- Check chemical supply and environment and coordinate with Aquatics Manager.
- Use checklist to perform security check of building prior to closing the facility.
- Determine pool area usage as needed and supervise lifeguards in preparation
- Constantly observe for accidents occurring in the water, on the deck, or on diving equipment.
- Enter the water to rescue persons in trouble, resuscitate swimmers who may need it, administer first aid to the injured, and call 911 for serious accident cases.
- Display professionalism, courtesy, and helpfulness to all pool patrons and fellow employees in the performance of duties.
- Maintain an acceptable appearance at all times, with regard to both uniform and personal hygiene and ensure that lifeguards are in appropriate attire.
- Be adaptable and flexible in acceptance of changes in techniques and procedures.
- Maintain a professional level of confidentiality regarding all district matters.
- Support the goals and objectives of the district and follow district policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*See attached job description for more information*