1st Grade Teacher Immediate Opening
Job Title: 1st Grade Teacher (Job share W,Th,F or 5 days a week)
School: St. Francis de Sales School, Lake Zurich, IL
About the school:
St. Francis de Sales School (SFS) is a Pre-K through eighth grade private Catholic school located in Lake Zurich, IL. SFS achieved recognition as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence in 2007. Our school provides an environment that promotes academic excellence and a foundation of faith for 350 students.
About the position: the current teacher has experienced a change in childcare circumstance and is now seeking to arrange either a job and/or childcare share. We are seeking a candidate that can either teach 3 days each week (preferably W, Th, F although there is some flexibility) or a candidate to take over the classroom full-time from the current teacher.
About the faculty, staff, and administrative team:
You will be joining an exceptionally strong group of educators called to serve in the ministry of Catholic education. Our culture includes a high degree of passion and commitment for the mission of the school and high standards for professionalism.
About the position:
1st grade teacher
Lead teacher of a 1st grade classroom of wonderful students with a great group of parents
Implement curriculum aligned to Archdiocese of Chicago Office of Catholic Schools elementary learning standards in collaboration with other members of the primary grades team
Other duties as needed assigned by the principal including but not limited to providing eLearning instruction for students
Archdiocese of Chicago elementary teaching responsibilities apply
Be at school from 7:15am to 2:30pm M-F (and until 4pm on faculty meeting days) and for special events that can occur on evenings and weekends (e.g. parent teacher conferences, Open House)
IL PEL with elementary certification/endorsement
Skillset/ability to perform all major responsibilities listed above
Desired Skills and Attributes
Prior applicable experience
Positive energy and enjoyment of working with children
Cultural fit and orientation towards our community norms
Technology savvy (facility with GAFE is required)
Salary and Benefits
Salary is aligned to the Archdiocese of Chicago pay scale and is commensurate with the highest educational attainment and years of applicable experience. Benefits include health, dental, personal/sick days, school holidays and breaks, and focused professional development aligned to the school improvement initiatives.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and we intend to fill the position quickly. Time is of the essence. If Interested:
Please fill out the employment questionnaire by clicking here.
Then, please send a resume and cover letter to Kyle Schmitt, Principal at email@example.com.
After doing those things, apply for the position using Frontline/Applitrack: https://www.applitrack.com/archchicago/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?FromAdmin=true&AppliTrackJobId=10187
JOB POSITION – ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHER
Policy GP 201.1 Every position in the Archdiocese of Chicago shall have a position description.
The teacher is a qualified professional educator who meets the requirements to teach in a Catholic school in the Archdiocese of Chicago.
The teacher is hired by and is directly accountable to the principal. The teacher agrees to abide by the educational policies and procedures of the Archdiocese of Chicago and the Office of Catholic Schools as well as comply with the educational policies and procedures of the local school. The teacher cooperates with the principal and staff in providing an educational environment that promotes the ministry of Catholic education.
As a professional educator in a Catholic school, the teacher will:
· teach and act in accordance with Catholic doctrinal and moral teachings of the Catholic Church;
· know, teach and act consistently in accordance with the mission, philosophy, objectives and policies and procedures of the Catholic school;
· maintain state license;
· communicate regularly with parents/guardians, colleagues and principal;
· participate in the Archdiocese of Chicago religion in-service programs and in the school sponsored professional development programs;
· perform teaching duties as assigned by the principal;
· attend required faculty and staff meetings;
· cooperate with the principal and staff members in school related meetings, activities and projects;
· maintain accurate student attendance and academic records;
· maintain a safe, orderly and secure learning and working environment;
· participate in the annual performance review based upon the implementation of the general responsibilities of a professional educator in a school;
· maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding school personnel, students and general school matters.
The principal assigns specific tasks essential to the function of the position.
Environmental and Physical Demands
The teacher supervises and evaluates students, escorts students from building to building and on field trips, carries materials and climb stairs.
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES
· practicing Catholic preferred
· compliance with Safe Environment Requirements
· state licensure