Campus Monitor, Site TBD (High School)
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Classified – $15.96 per hour plus benefits
Reports to: Chief of Safety and Security
Contract Length/ Days: (180 days per year)
Date Posted: August 25, 2020
Deadline for application: Until-Filled
Applicant screening will begin no later than 09/01/2020. Applications are still accepted until the position is filled; however, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Valid CO Driver’s License
CPI training (training provided)
Any other combination of related education, experience, or training.
Assists school administrators by supervising hallways, lunch areas, commons area, outside of building and bathrooms.
Essential Job Functions:
- Inspects restrooms throughout the course of the day for problems that may include truant students, damage to restrooms, and vandalism.
- Periodically monitors halls while class is in session to check for students who are truant and any unauthorized persons in the building.
- Walks the halls during passing periods being alert to any situations that may cause trouble. Oversees parking lots and perimeter of the building.
- Picks up trash in the hallways and commons and disposes of it in a proper container when necessary.
- Delivers emergency messages for the office as needed.
- Escorts students to the office from class when requested by the administration.
- Assists with monthly fire and tornado drills.
- Runs errands for the office when requested.
- Refers students with problems to the counseling office as needed.
- Supervises the parking lot: traffic safety, issuing tickets, calling police for illegal parking, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervises lunch areas as assigned by the administration.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information concerning students, staff, and parents in any public setting and chooses the appropriate time, place and supervisor for discussion of problems.
- Uses positive verbal and non-verbal communication and interaction skills when working with students, parents, and all district personnel at all times.
- Ability to perform work with high degree of accuracy; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to perform all functions of the position; bilingual skills helpful (English/Spanish).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
Ability to sit for long periods of time, numerous distractions, visual, auditory and ambulatory acuity important
Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds
Knowledge of vehicle identification. Ability to work with people. Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions. Excellent vision, smell, touch, coordination, arm-hand movement, and balance. Ability to work in all weather conditions. Ability to recognize and remember as many students as possible. Ability to be involved in the handling of physical crises such as fights, assaults. Use of analytical thinking in problem solving. Ability to concentrate on a task. Good judgment and decision-making skills. Ability to perform all functions of the position.
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.