Lead Groundskeeper (2020-2021 pool)
Building on a Dragon tradition of excellence, the Carroll Independent School District will foster a safe, caring, and creative learning environment that inspires students to realize their full potential as they positively impact the world around them.
This position will aid in creating an individualized education that challenges each student in keeping with the district’s mission. This position will assume responsibility for the maintenance and improvement of grounds in the district.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Training and experience necessary to perform the responsibilities listed below.
- Two years of experience as a grounds worker in a public school district, hospital or other institutional setting.
- Mow, edge, trim and clean campus areas.
- Prepare and maintain beds, shrubs, trees, and ground cover as required.
- Assist in transfer of equipment as needed.
- Operate grounds equipment, including tractors and mowers, as needed.
- Lead work crews on designated campus assignments.
- Assist at athletic extracurricular events at stadium and other outdoor facilities as assigned.
- Communicate supply and equipment needs as assigned by the Grounds Manager.
- Assist in irrigation oversight and makes repairs as needed.
- Assume full responsibility for general grounds maintenance at designated campus
- Keep abreast of innovative practices.
- Be adaptable and flexible in acceptance of changes in techniques and procedures.
- Maintain a professional level of confidentiality regarding all district matters.
- Uphold and adhere to safety rules.
- Support the goals and objectives of the district and follow district policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*See attached job description for more information*