Custodian (2020-2021 pool)
Building on a Dragon tradition of excellence, the Carroll Independent School District will foster a safe, caring, and creative learning environment that inspires students to realize their full potential as they positively impact the world around them.
This position will aid in creating a learning environment that inspires success and responsibility and requires effective interfacing with all Carroll ISD personnel and community members. This position will maintain a clean and healthy learning environment for the students and teachers of the district under general supervision of department director and direct supervision of the manager, supervisor or lead. Responsible for the appearance, cleaning and maintenance of assigned areas and all hard surface and carpeted floors in accordance with accepted procedures as described in the task assignment. May assist with other duties as assigned.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Training and experience necessary to perform the responsibilities listed below
- Current Texas driver’s license (reviewed annually)
- Ability to understand, read, and speak English for employee safety and instruction
- Prefer at least one year of experience as a custodian in a public school district, hospital or other institutional setting.
- Follow cleaning standards set forth by the Custodial Manager and to assure facility readiness for all extracurricular events.
- Vacuum, sweep, mop, dust and scrub to meet the cleaning standards set forth by the Custodial Manager.
- Assume responsibility for removing trash and debris from the facility into the proper disposal containers, including the outside perimeter of the facility.
- Assume responsibility for the security of the facility by following the locking and opening procedures set forth by the Custodial Manager.
- Keep abreast of innovative practices.
- Be adaptable and flexible in acceptance of changes in techniques and procedures.
- Maintain a professional level of confidentiality regarding all district matters.
- Uphold and adhere to safety rules.
- Support the goals and objectives of the district and follow district policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*See attached job description for more information*