SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER AIDE - LOCAL BASED - Middle School - Grades 7-8
REPORTS TO: Special Education Supervisor
AVAILABLE: Full-time, school-year position available immediately. Work schedule based on district calendar; 7:40 a.m .- 3:10 p.m. Lunch break: duty free non-paid, or non-duty free paid lunch break (30 minutes) as determined by assignment.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Starting wage $12.63 per hour, as specified in the MEA-ESPA Agreement wage schedule. Full benefits (self only) as specified in the MEA-ESPA Agreement.
PROBATION PERIOD: Ninety (90) working days.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist teacher in performing all his/her clerical responsibilities; preparation of materials, etc.
- Maintain accurate records on all children assigned to the program.
- Assist teacher in carrying out the instructional program.
- Assist students in attending to their personal needs.
- Assist in the physical management of students.
- Assist teacher in home program implementation.
- Exhibit flexibility and patience when dealing with staff and students.
- Exhibit ability to work independently within guidelines established by the teacher and administration.
- Maintain confidentiality of information pertaining to students and program.
- Demonstrate warmth, concern, care and enthusiasm, as well as a genuine interest in students.
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Transport students on occasion using district vehicle.
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable, daily transportation.
- Follow work rules.
- Adhere to MCISD guidelines and policies.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, waist high (lifting rest required).
- Carry out all other responsibilities that may be assigned by the teacher.
EDUCATION: Minimum Associates degree in a related field, 60 credit hours in a related field, ETS ParaPro Assessment or Work Keys required.
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience as a teacher aide for special needs children preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with special needs students.
- Good verbal, math and grammar skills (testing required).
CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECK: Upon hire, employees of the Monroe County Intermediate School District are fingerprinted for a Michigan and FBI criminal history check. The processing fee of $43.25 is the responsibility of the applicant.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel objects, and stoop, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The employee needs to be able to tell where a sound is coming from and to hear in a noisy environment. The employee will frequently assist in the physical management of students.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities for perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud and is a standard acceptable level for this environment. The employee must work with public and other staff, continuously meeting multiple demands from several people.
INTERNAL APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH AUGUST 31, 2020
EXTERNAL APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO SUPPLY THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS OUTLINED BELOW AND FULLY COMPLETE THE APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED
Current Monroe County Intermediate School District employees who meet the qualifications must complete the online application within five days at www.monroeisd.us to be considered. (Click on "Employment" and "Frontline Education - Applicant Tracking" and follow instructions to apply for this position). Supporting documents required (resume', 3 letters of reference, and applicable certification/license) must be uploaded with the application.
Must complete online application at www.monroeisd.us (Click on "Employment" and "Frontline Education - Applicant Tracking" and follow instructions to apply for this position). Faxed or mailed applications will not be accepted. Supporting documents required (resume', transcripts, 3 letters of reference, and applicable certification/license) must be uploaded with the application.
Contact Information: Human Resources Department
Monroe County Intermediate School District
1101 S. Raisinville Road
Monroe, MI 48161
The Monroe County Intermediate School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, religion, disability or handicap.