School Counselor - Middle School
Job | Posted 3 days ago
FREMONT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT #14TITLE: School Counselor
- At least three years of successful teaching experience.
- Valid Certification Granted by the Professional Teaching Standards Board as School Counselor (K-12)
JOB GOAL: To help students overcome problems that impede learning and to assist them in making educational, occupational, and life plans that hold promise for their personal fulfillment as mature and responsible men and women.
- Registers students new to the school and orients them to school procedures and the school’s varied opportunities for learning.
- Aides the students in course and subject selections.
- Monitors student progress.
- Maintains student records and protects their confidentiality.
- Works to resolve students’ educational handicaps.
- Works to discover and develop special abilities of students.
- Works to prevent students from dropping out of school.
- Guides students in their participation in school and community activities.
- Obtains and disseminates occupational information to students and to classes studying occupations.
- Helps students evaluate career interests and choices.
- Works with students on an individual basis in the solution of personal problems related to such problems family relations, health, and emotional adjustment.
- Refers students to those social service organizations that can help solve the students’ problems. Also, to provide communications with all social services that become involved with students.
- Follows professional code of ethics.
- Engages in professional growth activities.
- Participates in faculty meetings, committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
- Adheres to all applicable laws, policies, and regulations governing the operation of Fremont County School District #14.
- Other duties as may, from time to time, be assigned by the Building Principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Length of contract to be determined by Board of Trustees.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Fremont County School District 14
535 Ethete Road 638 Blue Sky Hwy, Ethete, WY 82520
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $18,706
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.38
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 274