Job | Posted 11 days ago
- Hold an NJDOE Mathematics Certificate, #1900, Standard preferred
- An NJDOE Students with Disabilities certificate, #2475 or Teacher of the Handicapped, #2470, is a plus
- Have excellent experience in classroom management and teaching high school students
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge in high school level math courses
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the specialized certification area, including an understanding of the current rules and regulations regarding special education assessment and program requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child growth and development, children with disabilities, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning and children with exceptional needs.
Nature and Scope of Job:
- Assumes professional responsibility for providing learning experiences and supervision of assigned students in a supportive and positive classroom climate that develops in each student the skills, attitude, and knowledge to meet and exceed the State Core Curriculum Content Standards, following approved curriculum and directives of the school.
- Achieving academic excellence requires that the Secondary Teacher work collaboratively with other members of the school staff and with parents of each student.
- Assumes professional responsibility for providing specialized learning experiences and supervision of students with disabilities in a supportive and positive classroom climate that develops in each students the skills, attitudes, and knowledge to meet and exceed the State Core Curriculum Content Standards as outlined in the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for the student, using approved curricula and directives of the school. Achieving academic excellence requires that the Special Education Teacher work collaboratively with other members of the school staff, particularly the Child Study Team and with parents of each student.
- Work year of ten months
- Salary, benefits, leave time and conditions specified in the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Reports to the Principal
Asbury Park School District
603 Mattison Ave., Asbury Park, NJ 07712
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $19,422
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 345