Special Education Teacher - Resource
Job | Posted a month ago
Supervisor: Principal / Director & Assistant Director of Special Education
Salary: Per Collective Bargaining Agreement
Work Year: School Year
Summary: Under the general supervision of the Principal and Director of Specialist Education, plan and implement the goals of student individual education plans (IEPs).
Qualifications / Experience
- ISBE PEL with LBSI endorsement, required
- Additional endorsements, preferred
- An interest and/or experience working with students with varying levels/types of disabilities.
- Expertise in conducting educational assessments and the development of individual educational programs.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others to optimize student achievement.
- A willingness to participate in staff development opportunities.
- A strong commitment to professional excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a positive learning environment
- Hold high academic expectations
- Create a student-centered classroom while building rapport with students, parents and staff.
- Assist in creating an exemplar learning community where everyone seeks and implements strategies for improving student achievement and growth.
- Works collaboratively in professional learning communities to achieve goals with a common purpose focused on student learning.
- Builds trust and confidence with students
- Instructs individuals and groups based on IEP goals
- Monitors student progress in and outside resource room
- Modifies curriculum if needed
- Maintains contact with parents of students to report progress towards IEP goals
- Prepares educational records and IEP forms
Apply: Applicants should complete the online application and upload all supplementary materials electronically. Hard-copy materials are not accepted. The online application may be accessed by visiting our website: https://www.applitrack.com/orland135/onlineapp/default.aspx
We are an equal opportunity employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.
Orland School District 135
14200 82nd Avenue, Orland Park, IL 60462
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246