School Social Worker - Special Education, Early Childhood
Children are affected by many social forces that impact their role as students. Families can be in a state of change- or be experiencing economic and employment pressures; Unmet physical and emotional needs of children affect their ability to learn and adjust in school.
· Working together with teachers to ensure the access of all children to a free and appropriate education- and to clinical social work services as needed.
· Participating in comprehensive evaluations to identify family- health- developmental- emotional- and community elements that may affect a student`s ability to learn.
· Identifying those factors in the life of an exceptional student (home- school- and community) that may impact his/her education.
· Applying knowledge and skills when working with exceptional students and families- individually or in groups- for the purpose of enhancing positive educational experiences.
· Collaborating with family- school- and community agencies to enable an exceptional student to receive maximum benefit from his/her educational program.
· Providing direct IEP services to students with disabilities- and billing insurance for services to those students who are both disabled and eligible for Medicaid.
· Consulting to the building in the special education problem-solving process. (This includes providing time-limited services to students on individual education plans.)
· Engaging actively in building the tiered structure of support at their schools. This is especially true of the positive behavior intervention supports effort- as well as the anti-bullying and social-emotional character development programs.
· Special assignments are available to those if interested or as assigned. These may include representing the district in community service organizations- being on district-level steering committees- and providing training in programs such as MANDT.
· Required to hold a current and valid license to practice social work in the state of Kansas- issued by the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board.
* Bachelor Degree in Social Work or related field.
* License highly preffered.