2020-2021 SY: Administrative Assistant III for Business Services
Job | Posted 7 days ago
Administrative Assistant III
Chief Financial Officer
All positions with Santa Fe Public Schools require a post offer/pre-employment background check. Some positions have additional requirements as established by Federal or State Rules and Regulations.
Performs and/or oversees a variety of associated administrative, fiscal, staff support, planning activities, some of which require advanced or specialized knowledge and skills such as budget administration, specialized record keeping and database management. Coordinates and facilitates meetings, program functions, and/or special events, as appropriate. May coordinate specified administrative activities and reporting across multiple organizational units within a department. Has regular interaction with employees at all levels throughout the organization, parents and community members.
Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent; three years secretarial/clerical/bookkeeper experience.
Preferred: Two years post high school training (college, university, and business school) plus five (5) years of related experience or equivalent combination of directly related education and experience.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
Ability to interact with leaders both within the District and external community. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Database management skills. Ability to record and transcribe meeting minutes. Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments. Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control. Knowledge of general accounting principles. Records maintenance skills. Receptionist skills. Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports. Ability to analyze and solve problems. Word processing and data entry skills (purchasing, accounts payable posting revenue to the general ledger). Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments. Organizing and coordinating skills. May be required to be familiar with related regulatory guidelines. Highly computer literate, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Access). Excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation and general writing skills. Excellent organizational skills and able to prioritize works. Able to work independently.
Essential Job Functions
All functions are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations, facility and computer security policies and procedures. Functions are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the organization. Current essential functions include the following:
- Oversees and/or performs a range of diverse administrative activities for the Chief Financial Officer and the Office of Business Services. Serves as a central point of liaison with other departments and external constituencies in the resolution of a variety of day-to-day matters concerning the District.
- May utilize knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to create, compose, and edit technical and/or administrative correspondence and documentation.
- Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities for the Office of Business Services; serves as a liaison with other departments and operating units in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
- Operates personal computer to compose and edit correspondence and/or memoranda from dictation, verbal direction, or from knowledge of established unit, District, and policies. May prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute documents. Formats material as required and assures proper grammar; punctuation, and spelling. Documents produced may include letters, reports, memos, protocols, agendas and/or minutes of meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities for the Chief Financial Officer and the Office of Business Services, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements and food set up.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other documents; develops and maintains data, and performs routine analyses and calculations in the processing of data for recurring internal reports, such as payroll time sheets, sick and annual leave documents, purchasing, budgetary, and employment documents, and/or stock and capital equipment inventories.
- Receive and verify all incoming revenue and prepare bank deposits for each.
- Receive/Post all activity/athletic deposits from schools/departments.
- Prepare Adjusting Journal Entries for each months abatements and any other adjustments as needed.
- Prepare wire transfer sheets and correspondence with the Office of the State Treasurer as needed.
- Prepare wire transfer sheets and correspondence with banks as needed.
- Accounts Receivable – Invoice non-district agencies for money owed to the district.
- Maintain a data base of all Out of District Travel Requests
- Maintain a data base of all returned checks and notify schools/departments to initiate collection.
- Compile all Business Services documents into Board of Education format twice a month (could be more depending on additional meetings) for Board of Education Meetings. Ensure all due dates for materials are met.
- Secretary for the Board of Education Audit Committee – Prepare meeting materials and take meeting minutes. The New Mexico Open Meetings Act must be followed.
- Liaison between External Auditors, Banks, Financial Advisors, State Treasurer’s Office etc.
- Sorts, screens, reviews, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail; composes, prepares, or ensures timely responses to a variety of written inquiries.
- Orders and maintains supplies, printing, maintenance, and other services for the Office of Business Services.
- Purchasing and Accounts Payable for the Office of Business Services.
- Coordinates all maintenance requests for The Office of Business Services.
- Back-up for all departments within the Office of Business Services as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Resources Used in Performing Job Include (but are not limited to):
Standard office equipment. Computer software including the applicant tracking system, Google Suite and HRIS. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
Must have the ability to sit at a desk or computer for long periods during the day. Heavy telephone use. Requires excellent interpersonal skills to deal with calls both inside and outside of the District. Manual dexterity to operate computers and other office equipment. Requires light physical exertion, including some walking, bending, and reaching.
This position operates in a professional office environment with frequent interruptions. May be hectic with constant ringing of telephones and high demands.
- Demonstrates reliability as evidenced by attendance records and punctuality
- Properly notifies supervisor and/or designee of absences or tardiness
- Begins and completes work within the allotted time
- Consistently appears in attire appropriate to the work environment
- Demonstrates skill in the use of equipment including its capabilities, limitations and appropriate/special application
- Protects the District’s resources through appropriate and careful use of supplies and equipment
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics to aid in the prevention of muscle strain/injury
Santa Fe Public Schools
610 Alta Vista Street, Santa Fe, NM 87505
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,258
% ELL Students
State Average: 16%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.45
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 228