Instructional Aide (Pool) ( 2020-2021)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
An Instructional Aide assists certified staff members in creating a positive learning environment to facilitate
the personal, social, and intellectual development of students. To accomplish these tasks, the Instructional Aide
works closely with staff and administration to promote and execute the instructional plan of the building.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) in English;
- Forty-eight (48) college level hours from an accredited institution of higher education or Associate’s Degree;
- Ability to obtain Texas Educational Aide Certification.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:1. Assist in facilitating the personal, social, and intellectual development of students.
2. Assist in establishing a positive learning environment and respond to the individual needs of students.
3. Ensure that all activities conform to building and district guidelines.
4. Assist in supervising students throughout the school day, both inside and outside of the classroom.
5. Communicate effectively with all members of the school district and community.
6. Assist with planning, preparing and developing various instructional materials while considering factors
such as individual needs, abilities, learning levels and physical limitations of students.
7. Appropriately operate all classroom equipment.
8. Support the value of an education.
9. Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administration regulations, and state and local board policies.
10. React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
11. Provide instruction to students under the direction of the teacher; work with individual students or small groups.
12. Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
13. Make teacher aware of special needs or problems of individual students.
14. Perform all other tasks.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
San Benito CISD
240 N CROCKETT ST, SAN BENITO, TX 78586
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558