Custodial Foreman - Northbrook Middle - School Year 2020-2021
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Spring Branch Independent School District
Job Title: Custodial Foreman Reports To: Facility Services, Custodial Operations Supervisor and Manager, Custodial Operations Classification: Auxiliary (Skilled Labor) Wage/Hour Status: Non-exempt Days: 250 Salary: See Compensation Plan for Auxiliary Staff, Pay Grade 304 Contract: None Date Revised: 1/14/2019 Primary Purpose: Perform as the supervisor of an assigned custodial staff, open and close assigned facility. This includes ensuring building cleanliness, grounds care (trash, debris) safety conditions both interior and exterior. Qualifications/Skills: Education/Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Custodial experience is required.
- Ability to read and speak Basic English. Ability to read and understand instructions for cleaning, maintenance and safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively supervise employees.
- Ability to work effectively with school administrators, students, staff, contractors, vendors and community.
- Neat appearance.
- Ability to work on eight (8) foot ladder.
- Ability to operate custodial and related equipment.
Responsibilities: Custodial Management and Cleaning:
- Dust mop the inside hallways several times daily, sweep walkways outside the building daily and pick up litter from grounds.
- Check restrooms periodically during the day and clean as needed.
- Work in the cafeteria eating area during all lunch periods, mopping up spills and keeping garbage cans empty, this is in addition to wet mopping the cafeteria daily.
- Submit supply requisitions as needed and maintain inventory of supplies and custodial equipment
- Responsible for accurately inventorying the receiving of custodial supplies delivered and signing
- Check all work of evening employees conducting weekly foreman inspections to insure duties have been properly executed.
- Assist in training, direct and evaluating of custodial staff
- Follow policy, procedures, and rules outlined by the district and department.
- Decision making, ensuring that decisions are made based on the best interest of the facility, students, and staff and that they reflect positively on the district and department.
- Ensure proper operation of heating and HVAC equipment, report concerns accordingly in timely manner.
- Report all custodial equipment needing repairs to custodial department.
- Make minor repairs throughout the building as needed and report major repairs that require assistance from the maintenance department and replace burned out lights as needed.
- Set-up and break down of furniture required for boardroom, conference room(s) in designated areas needed for lunch, meetings etc. based on meeting schedules. Multiple set-ups per day may be required
- Unlock doors as instructed by building principle.
- Supervise summer cleaning activities and work as a member of a crew.
- Inspect machines and equipment periodically to ensure proper maintenance, use safety and efficiency.
- Ability to alternate and adjust work hours as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: Supervise summer cleaning activities. Equipment Used: Ladder, Custodial equipment , buffer, auto scrubber pressure washer, leaf blower, small hand tools (screwdriver, wrenches, hammers, sockets, pliers) stripper, wet and dry vacuum cleaner, electric drill, shampooer. Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Continual standing, walking, pushing, and pulling.
- Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling and climbing (ladder), lifting (up to 50 lbs.) and carrying.
- Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, and ladders.
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and materials.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.
Spring Branch ISD
1066 GESSNER BLDG A, Houston, TX 77024
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558