Part-time substitute custodian position available at Windham Public Schools. Under general supervision, this position can be directed to maintain assigned rooms, building or group of buildings, office and service facilities in a clean, orderly and secure manner. They may perform outdoor and general grounds care duties when assigned; and to do related work as may be required. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Duties directly related to purpose of job
- Sweep, mop, wet-wash and vacuum floors. Polish floors using a buffing machine.
- Wash walls, ceilings and inside windows by hand. May wash outside windows.
- Gather and dispose of trash, wash wastebaskets and large refuse containers.
- Wash sinks and other plumbing fixtures, replace disposable products, such as toilet paper and paper towels, and soap.
- Assist in repair to building, grounds and equipment.
- Assist in moving equipment and in erecting staging scaffolding.
- Assemble cleaning supplies and equipment needed for the performance of above tasks.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Makes contact with the public with tact and diplomacy
- Maintain respect at all times for confidential information, e.g., home and discipline situations, medical background and family history
- Interact in a positive manner with staff, students and parents
- Promote good public relations by personal appearance, attitude and conversation
- Knowledge of basic cleaning methods; use and application of cleaning materials, chemicals, and equipment; basic work practices related to custodial duties.
- Ability to learn and follow established cleaning methods, schedules, and procedures; use custodial equipment and supplies efficiently, properly and safely; perform minor non-technical and limited skill repair work independently; understand and carry out simple oral and written directions; work cooperatively with those contacted in the course of work; establish and maintain effective working conditions with students, staff and the community.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous work experience or training as a custodian preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish, preferred
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Days: On Call/As Needed Basis (as determined by Director of Facilities)
Salary: CT State Minimum Wage, Non-Union, No Benefits, Part-Time Position
Click to apply at
Windham Public Schools
WINDHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER