Licensed School Nurse (Long-Term Substitute)
Effective immediately, the Human Resources Department is accepting online applications for the position of Licensed School Nurse at Lincoln Center. This is a long-term substitute position effective approximately September 24 through November 25, 2020. Rate of pay is $29.34 per hour.
Application Process: To be considered for the position, submit online application at www.sspps.org. Posting will remain open until filled.
The Licensed School Nurse will provide for the special health needs of students at all grade levels. This position will maintain and monitor a district-wide system of first aid, emergency care, medication administration and health related procedures for all students. The LSN provides oversight, direction and training to school health assistants and other health office personnel.
- Provide direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency care to students and staff in response to the nursing assessment and in accordance with professional standards, school policy and procedures, and state and local mandates.
- Oversee distribution of medications to students according to school district policy.
- Maintain accurate medical records to ensure compliance with State mandates, including immunizations, physical examinations, medical conditions, and related services documentation.
- Provide training in matters of health practice to health assistant and substitutes.
- Maintain accurate documentation of delegated health procedures on the Specialized Health Care Procedure Log.
- Provide assistance and supervision of paraprofessionals providing services to students under the category of Activities of Daily Living and approves Third Party Billing forms.
- Follow Minnesota Department of Health screening guidelines for vision and hearing.
- Oversee computerized Health Record system for the district.
- Complete quarterly Health Services Statistical Reports.
- Participate in planning and implementation of 504 plans and Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- Ensure accident/incident reports for staff and students are filed appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Participate in ongoing staff development specific to health services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Licensed as a Licensed School Nurse (LSN) by the Minnesota Department of Education
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN), Public Health Nurse (PHN), and Licensed School Nurse (LSN) in accordance with the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
- Must be certified in CPR
- Experience with and desire to work with school aged children
- Ability to be flexible and demonstrate excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving abilities
- Ability and desire to provide school health consultations and guidance to staff within diverse and multi-faceted environments
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including the use of email, Internet navigation and Microsoft Word
- Demonstrated prompt, regular and reliable attendance
The physical demands and working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, reach, stand, walk and climb stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.