Front Desk Secretary - Anticipated
Job | Posted 6 days ago
To provide the necessary clerical responsibilities required to assist in the administration of the District office’s day-to day operations.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and experience in word processing, database, and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of computer usage(Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Google) and modern office practices
- Effective communication techniques and procedures. Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Establish cooperative relationships in a calm and tactful manner
- Effectively carry out oral and written directions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be fluent in both Spanish and English.
- Greet visitors, maintain sign-in log and distribute visitors’ badges.
- Take incoming telephone messages, route and follow through.
- Distribute mail, send faxes
- Responsible for stock of supplies and for ordering new supplies, checking in receipts of supplies, storing and distributing.
- Assist District staff in other clerical duties as may be assigned.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of District registration events
- Support families is utilizing the online registration portal, InfoSnap
Environment: School office environment; constant interruptions
Physical Abilities: Sitting for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard; reaching overhead, above shoulders and horizontally, bending at the waist and kneeling or crouching to retrieve files from cabinets and shelves; hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or by telephone; seeing to read various documents related to assigned activities; lifting light objects.
The employee shall follow all School Board Policies.
Zion Elementary School District 6
2800 29th St., Zion, IL 60099
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246