Speech Language Pathologists - 2020-2021 School Year - Part-Time
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGISTS - WEST FARGO PUBLIC SCHOOLS
West Fargo Public Schools is looking to fill part-time Speech Language Pathologist positions for the 2020-2021 school year. Positions available at the middle, elementary and early childhood levels.
POSITION: Part-time Speech Language Pathologists - West Fargo Public Schools - Middle School, Elementary School and Early Childhood Center
TERM: Part-time - up to 4 days per week!
Full contract totals 188 days, part-time positions will be prorated based on the percent of position adjusting the number of contracted days
SUMMARY: Utilizing leadership, advocacy, and collaboration, school-based speech-language pathologists provide prevention, assessment, and remediation services for students who exhibit difficulties in the areas of language, speech, voice, and fluency. These services are designed to help children meet their educational goals.
- Implement building/therapy schedules
- Establish a screening program for speech/language services as appropriate (i.e. articulation tracking for elementary, new referrals, three-year comprehensive reassessments)
- Perform and interpret diagnostic evaluations to determine eligibility and appropriate recommendations
- Serve as a member of the multidisciplinary team in the referral/diagnostic process
- Provide direct/indirect therapy for identified students
- Provide therapy through continuous evaluation and annual updating of individual educational plans
- Maintain student status through the use of charts, records, and progress reports
- Support hearing screening program and provide input assistance when needed
- Provide consulting services to parents, teachers, administrators, and colleagues
- Abide by Board policies and other state and federal regulations concerning students with disabilities
- Ensure professional growth and support is maintained
- ND Teaching License in the area of Speech Language Pathology
- ND Licensure in Speech Language Pathology
- Ability to develop positive relationships with students, staff and families
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Adept at problem-solving and showing resiliency when faced with challenges
- Experience managing complex student behaviors preferred
- Prior experience working as a speech language pathologist preferred
SALARY: 2020-2021 Teacher's Salary Schedule
The WFPS District funds the entire 11.75% employee contribution to TFFR, as well as the 12.75% employer contribution.
DEADLINE: Until Filled
TO APPLY: https://www.applitrack.com/westfargo/onlineapp/
The West Fargo Public School District is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment free from discrimination and harassment in all employment and educational programs, activities, and facilities. The District prohibits discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, or other status protected by law. External applicants are eligible for ND Veteran’s Preference: North Dakota veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a form DD214, and if claiming disabled veteran's status, a current letter of disability.