Job Title: Child Nutrition Program Associate (Sub)
Reports to: Cafeteria Manager
Works with: Students/District Personnel
Dept. / School: Child Nutrition Program
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Work under moderate supervision to prepare and serve appropriate quantities of food to meet menu requirements.
Maintain high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices.
Prerequisites:High school diploma or GED (preferred)
- Ability to understand written and verbal food preparation and safety instructions
- Working knowledge of kitchen equipment and food production procedures
- Ability to operate large and small kitchen equipment and tools
- Ability to perform basic math
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare quality food according to a planned menu of tested and uniform recipes.
- Serve food according to meal schedules, departmental policies, and procedures, and practice and promote portion control and proper use of leftovers.
- Store and handle food items and supplies safely and according to established procedures. Maintaina clean and organized storage area.
- Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards, and follow established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health, and safety.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Maintain personal appearance and hygiene.
- Handle and record cashier functions accurately.
- Maintain daily food preparation records.
- Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members.
- Complete annual continuing education requirements.
- All other duties as assigned to provide excellent customer service and quality foods to students, staff and parents.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard large and small kitchen equipment and tools including but not limited to pressure steamer, combi-oven, sharp cutting tools, braiser, convention oven, food processor, utility carts and mobile racks, institutional sinks and walk in cooler and freezers.
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Continual walking; frequent climbing (ladder), grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, reaching/overhead reaching
Lifting: Frequent moderate lifting and carrying (15-44 pounds)
Environment: Work inside in commercial kitchen environment; exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, extreme humidity, noise, vibration, microwaves, biological hazards (bacteria, mold, fungi), chemical hazards (fumes, vapors, gases), electrical hazards; work with hands in water; work around machinery with moving parts; work on slippery surfaces.
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress