Title I Paraprofessional
Job | Posted 2 months ago
This is a full time (6-8 hours per day) position as a Title I paraprofessional working at Salem Hills Elementary.
- A high school diploma or GED and one of the following:
- An AA, AS, AAS (or higher) degree, or
- Two years of post-secondary coursework (60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits) from an accredited institution of higher education which are applicable toward a bachelors degree, or
- Passing score of 460 (or higher) on the ParaPro Assessment. (For more information on the ParaPro Assessment, contact Educational Testing Service at 1-800-772-9476 or www.ets.org/parapro)
- Basic skills in reading, writing and math
- Proficient in understanding of educational software applications to assist students
- Proficient in oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in organizational skills
- Capable of working cooperatively and congenially to develop good relationships with other employees, supervisors and students
- Understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality related to student data
- Ability to be punctual in reporting to work and for assigned duties
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
- Assisting teachers with identified Title 1 students in duties that include but are not necessarily limited to the following types of tasks:
- Guiding independent study and remedial work set up by the teacher
- Assisting students in small group settings
- Reading to students, listening to students read and participating in other forms of oral communication with students.
- Reviewing student assigned materials and providing feedback to the student.
- Assisting the teacher in general supervision responsibilities.
- Assisting students in skill work.
- Assisting students in computer work.
- Maintain the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students that is expected of fully licensed teachers.
- In meeting the responsibilities outlined in this job description, instructional Title I paraprofessionals are to be mindful of district priorities for program improvement including: affective development, developmentally appropriate curriculum, diversity of instructional approaches, multiple assessment and evaluation techniques, interdisciplinary curriculum, and emphasis on student thinking skills.
- Complete additional academic-related assignments relating to the preceding job goals and responsibilities as assigned by the building principal. Additional assignments shall not interfere significantly with the paraprofessional’s ability to complete duties listed above.
Pay and Benefits:
The rate of pay for this position is $19.40 per hour. Insurance benefits are available to full-time employees and part-time employees who work at least twenty hours per week.
Inver Grove Heights Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.
Inver Grove Heights Community Schools
5899 Babcock Trail, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,408
% ELL Students
State Average: 8%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.44
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 200