Dean of Instruction (Pool) (2020-2021)
Job Title: Dean of Instruction Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports to: Campus Principal Pay Grade: 04
Works with: Teachers/Administrators Days: 226
Dept. /School: Assigned Campus
To assist in the development and implementation of the various curriculum programs within the framework
established by Board policy.
- Master’s degree;
- Professional Mid-Management Certificate; Administrator Certificate; or Principal Certificate;
- T-Tess (Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System) and T-PESS (Texas Principal Evaluation and Support
- Three (3) years classroom teaching experience.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Attend Curriculum and Instruction meetings as scheduled.
- Coordinate with the campus principal to provide direction and supervision of curricular and
- Maintain a regular schedule for classroom visitation and walk-throughs to ensure quality teaching
- Coordinate with the district staff development coordinator in the planning of campus,
- Conduct core area subject teacher meetings to review curriculum and instruction issues.
- Develop, analyze, and evaluate benchmark assessments and all other student evaluation data.
- Meet with teachers to identify target areas of need for all student populations and to develop a plan of action.
- Monitor teachers’ lesson plans to ensure curriculum alignment.
- Monitor teachers’ grade books to ensure that Board policy regarding grades and re-teach
- Monitor three-week progress report, nine-week report cards, failure rates, benchmark
- Attend department meetings.
- Maintain documentation of all meetings and staff development to review with the campus
- Assist the principal in conducting yearly and on-going campus needs assessment relevant to
- Knowledgeable of all Special Population programs and procedures in order to assist teachers in
- Work closely with counselors to ensure that students are assigned to appropriate core subjects
- Monitor to ensure that effective tutorials are offered to qualifying students.
- Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences as needed for
- Other duties specific to curriculum and instruction as assigned.
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress