Mid Michigan Leadership Academy is hiring a Music Teacher for 20/21 School Year. Must havevalid Michigan Teacher Certification with Endorsement is required.
MMLA is experiencing student growth and we need you! We are looking for Teachers who are motivated, creative, flexible, and possess strong organizational and student management skills as well as determination to foster academic achievement for all students in an urban setting.
Mid-Michigan Leadership Academy, a Title I School chartered by CMU, is a student-centered school, focusing on the academic success of all students through the transfer of knowledge from the traditional classroom environment to real world applications. The school is committed to preparing students for college by building a foundation of knowledge that provides them with an edge in facing life’s challenges. MMLA has a dedicated staff and offers individual attention with a focus on every child’s success.
- The Teacher enables the success of student academic achievement through the implementation of a rigorous curriculum following the common core state standards.
- The Teacher has an oversight role for all students within the school setting, to ensure a safe academic environment conducive to learning.
- The Teacher ensures proper planning and follow up for the academic progress of all students.
- The Teacher ensures accurate and timely reporting in order to ensure all student academic needs are being met in a timely fashion.
- The Teacher fulfills a requirement of 30 student contact hours per week. The primary assignment may be a specific grade level (including homeroom duties) or subject teaching to multiple classes in regular or intensive classes. The teacher may also be assigned additional non-instructional duties such as supervising recess or lunch.
- The Teacher participates in 4 hours of combined PLC and PD work throughout the week.