Job | Posted 21 days ago
POSITION: Paraprofessional, Reading Full-time (32.50 hours per week)
LOCATION: West Stafford School
- Associates Degree or equivalent, or a passing score on the ParaPro Assessment
- Experience working with special education students desired
- Works with a specific special education student in the educational setting as specified in the student's IEP and under the supervision of a certified teacher.
- Provides the student with assistance in skill development in the domains of academics, communication, behavior, social skills, life and vocational skills, as determined by the PPT.
- Records data as required by the IEP.
- Implements recommendations of the PPT to support attainment of IEP goals.
- Implements recommendations of pupil services and related services personnel.
- Provides modifications and accommodations as specified by the IEP, behavior plans, and health care plans.
- Integrates assistive technology as required by the IEP.
- Assists student with physical care needs which may include routinely changing diapers and other life skills.
- Reports observations of student progress and concerns to the supervising teacher.
- Maintains confidentiality of student/staff/school-related information at all times.
- Shares student information only with supervising teacher, appropriate pupil services and related services personnel, and school administrator(s).
- Assists in cafeteria, auditorium, gym, recess, homeroom, playground, playing fields, bus loading/unloading, and at work sites.
- Displays a positive and courteous attitude.
- Follows all BOE policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the administrator(s).
HOURLY RATE OF PAY: $14.56
AVAILABILITY: September 8, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Interested candidates should apply on-line (link available at www.stafford.k12.ct.us> Employment Opportunities) and include a resume and three (3) letters of reference.
ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKETS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Stafford School District
153 West Stafford Road, Stafford Springs, CT 06076
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $20,481
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.29
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 479