ASI Science teacher 6-12
Job | Posted 10 days ago
Position PurposeUnder the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' skills and competence in general science and forensics; develops students skills and abilities in scientific methods and problem-solving, as well as an understanding of the application of science in the solution of practical problems. Science certification(s) in Chemistry or Physical Science preferred. Experience with differentiation and project-based learning preferred.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in general science and forensics.
- Promotes critical and creative thinking and analysis in all related subject areas.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials for subject area, and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Designs learning activities to demonstrate the application of science to everyday existence, including scientific research projects, demonstrations, experiments, and laboratory activities.
- Instructs students in the proper use and care of scientific equipment, chemicals, and plant and animal life.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Maintains familiarity with district and Connecticut State standardized tests for the purpose of adapting curriculum to maximize student achievement on such tests.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment, maintains inventory records, and ensures equipment is in good working order.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent
Capitol Region Education Council
10 Targeting Center, Windsor, CT 06095, USA, Windsor, CT 06095
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $20,481
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.29
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 479