DESCRIPTION: Maintain cleanliness of school building during day and night custodial shifts and ensure a safe and pleasant learning environment for students, staff, and the public. Lock building at night and ensure building security.
Night and Day Shifts Available. Full-time and Part-time Positions Available. Location to be determined.
SALARY: Classified Grade G, $14.82 – $17.03 per hour based on previous job experience. 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday on the12 month work schedule. Full time position is eligible for benefits.
- Vacuum and sweep designated areas.
- Clean, sanitize, and disinfect bathrooms.
- Dust mop and wet mop assigned areas.
- Clean and dust furniture, desk tops, computer, chalkboards, white boards, trays, work surfaces, windows both inside and out, blinds, etc. in designated areas.
- Remove and dispense of trash from all trash receptacles.
- Clean and disinfect lunchroom tables.
- Monitor hallways and lunchroom to identify cleaning needs or hazards daily. Report unsafe behavior in hallways.
- Lock doors, ensure security of facility, check for vandalism, and report any problems or required repair work to immediate supervisor. Notify Facilities Department for any emergency after hours.
- Replace light bulbs, paint, or repair facilities such as bathroom stalls, gym walls, desks, pencil sharpeners, and other equipment as required.
- Shovel snow and spread ice melt on walkways and parking lots as required to ensure safety of student, staff, and visotirs
- Set up furniture as needed for special events and secure building after event.
- Perform major cleaning responsibilities such as stripping and finishing floors and shampooing carpets as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Interpersonal and basic communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic cleaning methods and procedures and cleaning equipment.
- Operating knowledge of floor scrubber/water extractor, carpet shampooer, waxer, and hand tools required within 6 months after hire.
- BOCES Safety Training Certificate required within 2 months after hire.
- Must be able to pass a post offer, pre-employment physical.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to pass a Colorado and Federal Bureau of Investigation background check.
All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
Notice of NonDiscrimination: NOTICE LINK
Title IX District Compliance Officer: 27J Chief Human Resource Officer - 303-655-2900
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, 27J Schools does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment.