Job | Posted 2 months ago
Description: Communications Coordinator
- Leads the effort to redefine, restructure and establish a new role model of communications and public relations for the Warrensville Heights City School District
- Oversees all media relations for the District to ensure the accurate and timely coverage of all District news and events, utilizing periodicals, web, radio, television, video and social media; can serve as the media spokesperson for the District; represents and acts on the Superintendent’s behalf to the media when appropriate.
- Coordinate, design, develop and monitor all internal and external communication services levy/bond issue information, crisis communication for the district.
- Serves as the district liaison to all media. Facilitates favorable perception and understanding of district’s accomplishments, programs and goals. Monitors all community media coverage.
- Manages the planning, delivery, assessment and ongoing improvement of public relations initiatives. Distributes monthly e-newsletter and board reports.
- Develops and implements a marketing strategy to maintain and improve brand recognition and organizational reputation.
- Designs/composes district advertising (e.g., State of the Schools, kindergarten registration, sports, seniors, etc.)
- Oversees the district website in regards to updating and adding information
- Prepare clear and concise reports, news releases, media advisories and other communications as needed.
- Develops key metrics to evaluate the success of internal and external communications, marketing and branding, media relations, communication planning and communication strategy and outreach initiatives
- Support fellow district leadership and other staff in meetings or media events as needed.
- Develop and maintain a district calendar for staff and students.
- Display ethical and professional behavior in working with students, parents, school personnel and outside agencies associated with the schools.
- Participate in appropriate in-service and workshop programs and attend all required meetings.
- Protect confidentiality of records and information about staff and use discretions when sharing any such information within legal confines.
- Perform any duties and responsibilites that are within scope of employment, as assigned by the Superintendent, and not otherwise prohibited by law or regulation.
- Arranges public apprearances.
- Attend all BOE meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of related experience including media relations, supervisory and project management responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Ohio K-12 educational programs, services, legislative requirements, policies and current issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills
- Knowledge of urban educational challenges.
- Interpret, apply, and explain rules regulations and procedures
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
|The Warrensville Heights City School District Board of Education is an equal opportunity employer. This job description identifies general responsibilities and is not intended to be a complete list of all duties performed. This document is subject to change in response to student demographics, staffing factors, funding variables, modified operating procedures, and other unforeseen events.|
Warrensville Heights City School
4500 Warrensville Center Road, Warrensville, OH 44128
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,686
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.87
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 294