Custodian -Swing Shift Wed - Fri 2:30pm - 10:30, Sat-Sun 9am-5:30pm
Custodian - New Canaan High School
Swing Shift Wed - Fri 2:30pm - 10:30pm, Sat-Sun 9am-5:30pm
The Custodian is responsible to the Facilities Manager for the assisting in cleaning the physical plant, classrooms, and other areas. The Custodian will be supervised on a day-to-day basis by the Head Custodian. The Custodian shall work within the district, state and federal statutes, regulations and policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform housekeeping duties as laid out and scheduled by the Head Custodian.
- Maintain a safe facility and follow safety procedures.
- Complete assigned work on a timely basis and with a high level of cleanliness.
- Maintain a good attendance record, report to work on time and complete work shift.
- Assume specific duties not limited to housekeeping and include the good and welfare of the entire facility.
- Maintain appropriate personal appearance, to include specified uniform and proper footwear.
- Take self-initiative to maintain a high level of cleanliness with obvious hazards and clutter.
- Must be able to work independently and exhibit great pride in assigned duties.
- Demonstrate proper care and respect for equipment and supplies provided by the district to accomplish duties.
- Accept assigned overtime as scheduled.
- Cooperate, assist and get along with co-workers.
- Display courteous, polite and helpful behavior to students, faculty and parents.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires frequent standing, walking, climbing ladders, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time. Requires regular lifting of up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 75 pounds. Requires vision and hearing correctable to within normal range for the operation of equipment. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting of bulky items, manual dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires exposure to cleaning and maintenance equipment, chemicals, and products. Also requires operation of specialized power-driven floor machines (i.e., vacuums, scrubbers, etc.) and maintaining of such equipment. Be able to push large waste barrels and carts. Also required to operate snow removal equipment and perform snow shoveling.
To Apply: Complete an application on the district website, www.ncps-k12.org and upload a cover letter and resume.