Special Education 1:1 Instructional Assistant (6-8)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
- Assists the teacher(s) in achieving teaching and learning objectives working with individual students or small groups.
- Assists the teacher(s) in implementing strategies for reinforcing skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce the learning of skills or content initially introduced by the teacher.
- Assists the teacher(s) with the management and supervision of students in the classroom to ensure a safe and productive learning environment.
- Communicates with and alerts the teacher to any problems or special information related to the students.
- Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of teachers.
- Assists the teacher(s), when appropriate, with such activities as drill work, reading to students, listening to students read, guiding independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work.
- Participates in training programs, as assigned.
- Assists with the supervision of students, and other duties in the school, as assigned by the Principal.
- All instructional assistants must have a Paraprofessional, Professional Educator or a Substitute Teaching License from the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Experience working with students in a learning center atmosphere preferred.
- Illinois elementary teaching certificate preferred.
- Ability to speak foreign language/Spanish preferred.
- Be able to communicate well with children and parents.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Work well with adults.
Employment Terms/Hours: 6.5 hours/day; five days per week
Salary: As per current Support Staff Contract.
Application Procedure: Apply online
Hawthorn C.C.S.D. 73
201 Hawthorn Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246