Assistant Teacher (Before & After School Program) Newtown/Torrington
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Career and Technical Education
Early Childhood Development/Daycare
English as a Second Language (EFL/ELL/ESL/ESOL)
Gifted and Talented
Lead Teacher/Department Head
School Age Programs
Salary Range: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour
Newtown / Torrington School Sites
- Assist Head Teacher in operation of before and/or after school program on daily basis.
- Supervise children, as well as, provide a safe environment for them.
- Maintain positive relations with families of children.
- Set up and clean up of entire site
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Regular and consistent attendance is considered an essential function of this position.
- Requires High School diploma or equivalent, college coursework in ECE/ELED or related field preferred.
- Experience working with school age children.
- Knowledge of child development.
- Awareness of age-appropriate curriculum activities.
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Certified in First Aid and CPR.
Start date ASAP / Position open until filled
EdAdvance does not discriminate in any of its programs, activities, or employment practices on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, veteran, marital or familial status, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. To file a complaint of discrimination write USDA Director, Office of Civil Rights, Washington, DC 20250-9410.
4 Mountain View Terrace , Danbury, CT 06810
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $20,481
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.29
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 479