Education Technician II
1. Eligible for appropriate Maine Department of Education certification (022).
2. High School Diploma or GED equivalent, plus 3 years of post-secondary education. (60 credits).
3. Experience working with students with Developmental Delays.
4. Experience with American Sign Language is a plus.
REPORTS TO: Assigned teacher
1. Review and reinforce learning previously introduced by the classroom or special education teacher and assist in drill and
2. Participate in required workshops by request of Building Leader, Supervisor, or Director.
3. Perform non-instructional, non-evaluating functions including suspension of students.
4. Assist in preparation of instructional materials or provide classroom management functions during emergency drills,
assemblies, play periods, etc.
5. Alerts teacher to any problem or special information about an individual student.
6. Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information.
7. Participates in staff meetings as needed.
8. Introduce new learning in collaboration with the classroom or special education teacher.
9. Conduct one-on-one or small groups with indirect professional supervision.
10. Perform short-term instruction and classroom management activities under the direct supervision of the teacher or
appropriate content specialist in the classroom.
11. Other job-related duties as assigned by the Cooperating Teacher or Building Leader.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the most recent Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Committee’s policy on
Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.
NOTE: The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principal functions or
responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be
inherent in the job, either at present or in the future.