Position Status: Tier 3
4 daily hours
Salary Range A
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Proof MMR And Hepatitis B Health Record and Tuberculosis Clearance
Three Professional References
The job of Crossing Guard is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional process with specific responsibilities for ensuring for the safety and welfare of students in transit to and/or from school; and communicating observations and/or incidents that may impact the general well being of students.
This job reports to Principal/Maintenance Facilitator
- Assists students, parents, staff and visitors for the purpose of providing safe access to and from assigned location.
- Maintains job related equipment (e.g. stop sign, vests, street signs, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of required items.
- Monitors student behavior entering and exiting school grounds for the purpose of ensuring student compliance with established guidelines, and maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Refers incidents including personal injuries, altercations, rule violations, etc. to appropriate site personnel for the purpose of ensuring follow-up in accordance with administrative, site security and student safety guidelines.
- Responds to inquiries from students and parents regarding campus security issues for the purpose of providing information, direction and/or referral for addressing inquiry.
- Sets-up and takes down speed limit indicators for the purpose of identifying crosswalks before and after school.
- Participates in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform single tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math; understand written procedures, write routine documents, and speak clearly; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: safety practices and procedures; traffic laws.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing specific, defined processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with specific, job-related data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires following prescribed guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: displaying tact and courtesy; being attentive to detail; and maintaining confidentiality.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized procedures; providing information and/or advising others; operating within a defined budget. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 30% walking, and 60% standing. The job is performed under temperature extremes and under conditions with exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Experience Job related experience is required.
|Continuing Educ./Training||District Clearances|