Long-Term Teaching Substitutes - Teaching Certification Preferred
This posting is NOT for day-to-day substitutes. We will post for Day-to-Day substitutes once we return to in person learning. Please watch for that posting once we return to in person learning.
This posting is only for applicants that are available for long-term assignments. Long-Term assignments require availability every day for a 4 to 12+ week time period. By State policy we must try and fill long-term positions with certified teachers. Please do not apply to this posting if you are not available for long-term assignments. At this time we will only be adding substitutes that are selected for a long-term assignment.
Rate of Pay:
Certified Teacher - $116 per 7.5 hour day
Bachelor's + Degree - $93 per 7.5 hour day
Starting the 11th consecutive day long-term substitutes receive an extra $20 a day. This is to compensate for the extra time involved for long-term substitutes, including preparing lesson plans.
- Preference is given to certified teachers
- Knowledge of Delaware State Content Standards, Assessment & Accountability.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills.
- Knowledge of best practices.
- Criminal background check and tuberculin testing.
- Must be available every school day for the entire length of the long-term assignment. (4 - 12+ weeks)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides the appropriate educational opportunities and instruction for each student, according to his/her needs and abilities.
- Prepare in advance appropriate lesson plan which match district curriculum.
- Keep accurate records, tests, reports, etc. as required by Delaware Statutes and policies, Federal Regulations, and School Board Policy to demonstrate student performance.
- Establish and maintain good rapport and communication with students, school personnel and parents.
- Works with fellow teachers in planning instruction.
- Establishes and maintains a classroom atmosphere conducive to teaching and learning.
- Plans and uses classroom time effectively.
- Implements School Board and school-based policies and procedures in order to uphold school regulations.
- Works closely with regular education teachers, student services staff and outside resources to assist students with special needs.
- Integrates technology in instruction.
- Works continuously toward self-improvement through the active pursuit of professional development activities.
- Participates in district and school level committees designed to foster continuing improvement and growth.
- Communicates curriculum and student related information effectively in oral and written form.
- To attend all eligibility and IEP meetings as designated.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal.