Q’anjob’al Translator / Interpreter
Urbana School District 116
TITLE: Q’anjob’al Translator / Interpreter
LOCATION: Urbana School District #116
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Superintendent of Student Services
JOB SUMMARY: The Q’anjob’al Translator / Interpreter acts as a liaison between the school/district and families. He/she takes an active role in providing language translation, both in oral and written form, for the students and families in primary language to/from English across various settings.
For more information and to see the complete job description, please visit our website.
- Associates degree preferred but not required
- Experience and ability to work with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Experience working with students in a school setting preferred, but not required.
- Fluent in Q’anjob’al and English
- Knowledge of schools and education terminology
- Good computer skills necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Hourly position, as needed
- Variable work schedule and irregular hours
- Must have flexible schedule and ability to work as needed
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of support personnel.
NOTE: This is not a position within the collective bargaining unit and is not an administrative position.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For questions about Urbana School District's Job Postings, please contact our Recruitment & Retention Specialist @ 384-3600.