TEAM District Facilitator
TEAM District Facilitator (DF) Responsibilities
The TEAM DF’s Responsibilities to the TEAM Program At-A-Glance
The TEAM DF assists in the implementation of the TEAM Program by:
1. Facilitates the local coordinating committee to guide the activities of the TEAM program;
2. Participating in the development of the district’s TEAM support plan, including a plan for the allocation of district resources as needed, along with the other members of the local coordinating committee;
3. Orienting beginning teachers and their mentors or support team to the TEAM Program; and
4. Informing administrators about the TEAM Program and their role in placing beginning teachers with mentors, and in ensuring that the support plan is implemented in their schools.
Placement and Registration of Mentors or Support Teams with Beginning Teachers
The TEAM DF monitors the placement and registration of mentors with beginning teachers by:
1. Ensuring that appropriate data related to the registration of beginning teachers in the TEAM Program is entered through EDS – verifying that data is accurate with respect to teaching assignment, grade level, school, and duration of employment for long-term substitutes;
2. Ensuring mentors are assigned to beginning teachers; and
3. Updating information regarding beginning teachers/mentor placements for purposes of allocating TEAM mentor fund payments to the district.
Recruitment and Selection of Mentor Teachers
The TEAM DF ensures that recruitment and selection procedures are in place by:
1. Working with administrators and the TCC to ensure that it fulfills its responsibilities in selecting mentor teachers;
2. Recruiting district personnel to be support teachers to ensure that there are adequate numbers of mentors within the district; and
3. Sharing support training registration information to selected candidates.