SAFETY ADVOCATE - 2020/2021 SY
PURPOSE: Safety Advocates are located throughout the District schools in order to assist in maintaining an orderly and safe school environment that promotes improved school climate and effective learning opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working under the direct supervision of the building Administrator, duties and responsibilities may vary by building but shall generally include some or all of the following:
- Assists in the supervision of students in the cafeteria, hallways, bathrooms, parking lots and other non-classroom locations as assigned.
- Assists in the supervision of students during lunch, assemblies, emergency drills and other non-classroom activities as assigned.
- Assists in maintaining overall building security, including maintaining a presence at the main entry, signing in all visitors to the building log book, checking to be sure that all exterior doors and windows remain locked, overseeing exterior spaces including parking lots and playgrounds.
- Communicates to an administrator or teacher concerns relative to safety and security in the building.
- Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of all certified and non-certified staff.
- Performs related duties as appropriate for the position and as directed by the building Administrator.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with law enforcement, security, or similar preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team
- Strong communicator
- Bilingual preferred
As per Union contract
Monday - Friday; 12-month position
Hours are Monday through Friday - 8:00am - 4:00pm
Must Apply On-line
http://www.danbury.k12.ct.us/ (Job Listings link)