21st Century Program Staff
The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District is seeking applicants to join our afternoon 21st Century Program team. BCCS is looking for positive, energetic applicants with a deep belief that every student can learn, and having the commitment and passion to provide these learning opportunities.
OUR MISSION: To equip every student with the knowledge, life skills, and global perspectives to contribute to society and respond to the needs of an ever-changing world.
We believe that:
- Relationships thrive when there is mutual respect and trust.
- Honoring each person's intrinsic value enhances our community.
- Our diverse community strengthens our collective power.
- Caring relationships with high expectations are essential to reaching one's higher potential.
- Life-long learning is vital for personal fulfillment, opportunity and success.
- Everyone is responsible and accountable for equity.
- Partnerships among students, families, schools and community benefit all.
Job Summary: The 21st Century Program at Brooklyn Center Community Schools has a vacancies for 21st Century Program Staff to provide program support to students after school, leading program clubs and student supervision. This position will start the year Distance Learning, with the possibility of transition to some in-person instruction. The 21st Century Program Staff will be responsible for supporting the 21st Century Out-of-School Time (OST) programs. Under the direction Youth Programs Coordinator, this key position will assist in building a community of success through increasing the quality of OST programs and student leadership opportunities. The 21st Century Program Staff will deliver high-quality OST programming to students while supporting their wellbeing, collaborate with community partners, and ensure daily program needs are met.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous experience working with diverse populations and urban school settings preferred.
- Previous experience with and understanding of out-of-school time youth programs.
Working Conditions: Work is primarily performed in a typical office/ classroom setting and is exposed to a minimum of environmental conditions. Must have ability to perform at moderate to high pace for extended periods of time. Work is performed in an environment of professionalism, proficiency and precision. Must be able to navigate virtual learning platforms and required technology.
- Brooklyn Center Elementary: Monday - Thursday 1:00 p.m.- 5:30 p.m.
- Brooklyn Center Middle/High School: Monday - Thursday 3:30 p.m.- 5:30 p.m.
- Earn $15.00/hour
Standing FRONT AND CENTER so we are seen and heard.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools: https://www.brooklyncenterschools.org/
Please select this link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/brooklyncenterschools/onlineapp/
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.