Special Education Teacher- Resource Room
Job | Posted 2 months ago
NOTICE OF OPENING: Special Education Teacher- Resource Room
LOCATION: Mound Park Upper Elementary School
WORK YEAR: 2020-2021 School Year
SALARY: Per FEA Contract
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with Endorsement in one of the following Special Education areas: SM – Learning Disabilities, SE – Emotional Impairment, or SV – Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, procedures and methodology of effective teaching of students with disabilities.
- Ability to deliver and articulate oral presentations and written reports.
- Ability to effectively analyze needs and problems objectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with children, students, parents, staff, administration and the general public.
- Knowledge and skills in working with children with cognitive, behavior, communication and emotional disabilities.
- Must have the ability and proven record to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Provides research-based specialized instruction to address the instructional goals and objectives contained within each student’s IEP.
- Assesses student progress and determines the need for additional reinforcement or adjustments to instructional techniques.
- Employs various teaching techniques, methods and principles of learning to enable students to meet their IEP goals.
- Develops and implements annual Individualized Educational Program (IEP) plans for students to include: present levels of educational performance, special education needs, instructional goals and objectives, and the special education and related services required to meet those goals.
- Schedules team meetings and works cooperatively with child study team members and others in developing instructional goals and strategies.
- Creates a positive learning experience with emphasis in individualized instruction using appropriate sources.
- Completes all district and state reporting requirements.
- Collaborates and consults with educational professionals and community service providers (i.e., social services, public health, medical providers etc.) regarding the needs of students.
- Build strong relationships with students and families while guiding them along their child’s unique educational journey.
Fitzgerald Public Schools
5356 Toepfer Road, Warren, MI 48091
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,292
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 199