Instructional Support Assistant
JOB TITLE: Instructional Support Assistant
LOCATIONS: Alice Terry Elementary School
WORK YEAR: 185 Days
SCHEDULE: Work hours are 7.5/day, Monday – Friday.
WORK STATUS: Classified, Hourly Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: School Principal
Instructional Support Assistants serve as a co-facilitator in learning for the classroom assigned in core content areas with an emphasis on balanced literacy. As a co-facilitator for learning, attending professional learning sessions, staff meetings, PLCs and other position enhancements will be expected. Instructional Support Assistants will become proficient at using the Beyond Textbooks framework in order to implement the expectations of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
An Instructional Support Assistant will engage in:
- co-planning, delivering, and reflecting upon daily lesson plans, learning objectives and learning targets, using the Beyond Textbook framework and appropriate support resources.
- planning and facilitating for small group instruction for K-3 students in core content area instruction.
- work with teachers to collaboratively analyze instructional growth and achievement.
- acquisition of and use of positive behavior management strategies.
- additional instructional supports as needed for students in 1:1 and small group settings, which may include re-teaching or enrichment.
- the participation in school-based committees and groups.
- determining student needs based upon data analysis with support from lead teacher or interventionists.
- collaborative work with other instructional professionals and administrative team members to provide research-based instruction.
- monitoring of students in non-classroom settings (cafeteria and playground) and assist with everyday situations.
- culturally responsive strategies that are in support of the school and district culture, climate and needs.
- awareness of trauma informed practices to support the needs of all children and their social and emotional well-being.
- professional practices and awareness of confidentiality of all student and staff data and information.
- other duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s (or higher) degree or equivalent experience in working with early childhood (birth through age 8) instruction OR
- 36 hours of coursework in or toward a degree in Early Childhood Education or other appropriate degree program.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to assist in reading, writing, and math. Transcripts will be reviewed and a demonstration of skills may be required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English desirable.
- Experience in the Early childhood/ Elementary classroom setting.
- Experience working with computers, word processing, and general office equipment to support record keeping, data, and other job related tasks.
- Experience in working with computers as an instructional tool to enhance learning with and for students.
An Instructional Support Assistant
- is an effective communicator.
- is flexible and adaptable to change.
- has the ability to work collaboratively with supervisors and co-workers.
- maintains a positive attitude.
- is willing to learn and be trained in best instructional practice to support academic and social emotional development of children.
- demonstrates an appreciation and acceptance of diversity.
- observes all district policies and procedures.
- supports the Sheridan School District Strategic Plan.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions required the following physical demands:
- Some lifting up to 50 pounds, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling and signification fine finger dexterity.
- Generally, the job requires sitting, walking, and standing throughout the day.
- This job is performed in generally a clean and healthy environment.
Must clear online background check and FBI Fingerprint check through Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
Initial salary placement on Class 6 of the Paraprofessional Salary Schedule and is $21.63 - $24.09 per hour based upon previous related experience.
Please note: This is an at-will position with the Sheridan School District. The annual salary for this position will be determined by number of hours scheduled to work each day and number of days scheduled to work each year. The computed annual salary will be spread out in equal payments over 12 months. Sheridan School District employees are paid once a month on the 1st working day of the month that is not a weekend day or holiday.
Employees who are scheduled to work 30 or more hours per week are eligible to obtain district health benefits which include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and supplemental benefits. Positions that qualify for health benefits also qualify for leave which could include vacation and daily leave to be determined by the position and number of days assigned. Sheridan School District No. 2 is a public employer and participates in the Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA). All employees are required by state statute to contribute 10% of salary on a pre-tax basis to PERA and the District contributes 20.9% in addition to employee contribution.
All interested and qualified applicants must complete an online application at www.ssd2.org. Incomplete applications and resumes received in lieu of applications will not be considered. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. This position will close once the vacancy has been filled.