Special Education ABA Paraprofessional (2 Positions)
Responsibilities: To assist, support, and work closely with teachers, administrators, and
other team members in providing educational benefit for students.
Requirements: An Associates degree or passing score on the ParaPro Assessment, Bachelors degree preferred.
Previous experience working with high risk children is desirable.
This position is a 10-month, 31.25 hour position. The salary range is $13.17 – $17.97 per
hour (plus an additional $1.00 per hour stipend for ABA positions) with limited benefits as outlined in the current East Haven Paraprofessional and
Teachers Aides contract.
Minimum Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by certified staff.
- Assists the certified staff in devising special strategies for reinforcing learning materials and skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
- Monitors work, corrects papers, and supervises curriculum-based testing and makeup work as assigned by the certified staff.
- Serves as the chief source of information and help to any guest teacher assigned in the absence of the regular certified staff.
- Performs clerical, classroom maintenance, and instructional duties as assigned by the certified staff.
- Alerts the certified staff to any problem or special information about an individual student.
- Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods, play periods and on field trips.
- Performs assigned non-instructional classroom duties, such as snack time, toileting, and clothing routines.
- When requested, serves as a resource person to the General Education Intervention Team and/or IEP/SRBI/ESL Team(s).
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment and community.
- Participates in in-service training programs as approved.
- Maintains safe working environment and encourages colleagues to be safety-minded in the performance of all school-related duties.
- Performs other such duties/assignments as directed by the certified staff.
- Assists, as directed by certified staff, in the effort to successfully maintain students with special needs in an integrated setting, as determined by the IEP/SRBI/ESL Team(s).
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions, and responsibilities which comprises this position.
East Haven Public Schools Notice of Non-Discrimination
The East Haven Board of Education prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of, race, color, religious creed, age, marital status, military or veteran’s status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation and past or present learning disability, physical disability or mental disorder. The East Haven Board of Education provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The East Haven Board of Education guarantees compliance under Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments Acts of 1973, section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the American with Disabilities Act of 1991 and Connecticut General Statutes 46a-60. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Robert Swan, Director of Pupil Services 35 Wheelbarrow Lane, East Haven, CT 06513, 203-468-3218. For further information on non-discrimination, visit: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/about/rgn-hqaddresses.html for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER