School Nurse Licenced Practical Nurse (NTE 1 Year)
Geary County Schools USD 475
Job Category: Nurse
Title: School Nurse
Qualifications: Licensed Practical Nurse with State of Kansas license
Reports to: Building Principal and designated administrator located at the Mary E. Devin Center for Education Support
The school nurse shall be the primary provider of day-to-day health services for students and
staff, and shall conduct health screening programs as required by Kansas law.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee performing the duties of this position is frequently required to walk, sit, talk, hear, bend, stoop, and reach. The employee may be occasionally required to manually lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to interact with staff and meet the demands of several different people. The employee is responsible for the work output of others. The employee occasionally works extended hours. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to maintain regular and good work attendance and come to work on time.
- Ability to work constructively and cooperatively with others.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a courteous, timely and helpful manner.
- Ability to manage job responsibilities while meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieves information from a computer.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student and staff information.
- Serve as a health advocate for students.
- Act as a health resource for staff, students and families.
- Provide emergency health care and first aid for students and staff.
- Insure ADA compliance regulations for health conditions.
- Implement USD #475 health screening programs.
- Manage student health information according to school district guidelines and professional standards.
- Maintain accurate health records that demonstrate compliance with Kansas health regulations and State Statutes.
- Report communicable diseases as mandated by the State of Kansas.
- Strive to communicate the positive aspects of our school program to the public in word and deed
- Uphold and enforce Board policies, administrative procedures, school rules, and federal and state regulations including but not limited to Consolidated Plan for Federal ProgramsAcceptable Use of Technology Sexual and racial harassment Child Abuse Reporting
- Perform other duties assigned by the principal or other building or district administrators.
Term of Employment: Certified Employee Calendar plus two (2) per diem days
Salary Range: Determined by placement on Certified Staff salary schedule.
Evaluation Frequency: Job performance will be evaluated in accordance with state regulations and the terms established in the negotiated agreement.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Geary County USD #475 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and/or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. For questions or complaints based on race, color, national origin, sex or age, please contact the USD 475 Executive Director of Personnel Services, 123 N. Eisenhower, Junction City, KS 66441. Telephone: 785.717.4000. For questions or complaints based on disability, please contact the USD 475 Executive Director of Special Education, 123 N. Eisenhower, Junction City, KS 66441. Telephone: 785.717.4000