RTI Interventionist Position Posting
Beginning Date: August, 2020
Qualifications: Ability to work in a dynamic school environment; knowledge of research-based reading and math interventions and Aimsweb preferred, candidates with a current Illinois PEL will be given special consideration.
Reports To: RTI Coordinators
Goal: To provide direct supportive services to general education programs, students, and teachers.
(Interventionist duties will vary depending upon the age of students served)
A. Professional Responsibilities
1. The Interventionist exhibits professionalism and commitment through punctuality, attendance, completion of job responsibilities, demonstration of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in the school environment and the community.
2. Observes and follows all Morris Elementary School District 54 policies and procedures.
B. Behavior Management Supports
1. Assists with strategies for maintaining orderly behavior on an individual and/or group basis in all school settings.
2. Monitor and respond appropriately to student behavior in accordance with District 54 policies and procedures, classroom rules, and Individualized Education Plans/Behavior Intervention Plans.
3. Collect data on student behavior and performance.
C. Classroom Supports
1. Work with individual or groups of students to reinforce skills as introduced or outlined by certified staff members.
2. Assists certified staff in devising special strategies for reinforcing learning materials and skills based on individual or group needs, interests, and skills.
3. Provide accommodations, modifications, and supplementary aides as outlined by certified staff members and the Individualized Education Plan(s).
4. Collect data on student performance and academics skills acquisition.
D. Relationships with Students, Parents, and Staff
1. Works with teachers to establish and maintain open and positive lines of communication with students, other staff, and parents concerning academics, performance, and behavior.
2. Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with other staff members and supervisors.
3. Assists the teacher/administration in upholding and enforcing classroom, school, and District rules and policies.
1. Monitor work, correct papers, and supervise curriculum-based testing and makeup work as assigned by certified staff.
2. Perform clerical, classroom, and instructional duties as assigned by the certified staff.
3. Alert appropriate certified staff to any problems or special information about student(s).
4. Perform assigned supervision of students during breakfast, lunch, and/or snack periods, play periods, field trips, extra curricular activities, school sponsored events, ect…
5. Performance of all other duties as assigned by the Director or his/her designee, Building Principals/Assistant Principals, and/or supervising/assigned teacher.
Evaluation: Annually by RTI Coordinators.
Work Year: Part-Time in accordance with the student calendar